Our knowledge outcomes
Out of 138 projects sanctioned since the program was initiated in 2007, 65 projects have been completed and 73 proposals are still being continued. More than 300 research papers were published and 45 patents were filed.
A technology related to Veterinary Drug Delivery Vehicle, was transferred and silica-based nanoparticles with insecticidal properties is being developed for commercialization in collaboration with the industry.
Some technologies identified with translational potential, developed into translational projects
- Self-fluorescent cell permeable glucose derived carbon Nano spheres as a brain targeting vehicle has implications in drug delivery and imaging,
- Protein Nano medicine targeted to aberrant cancer kinome
- Multimodal contrast agent based on bio-mineral nanoparticles.
Other knowledge outcomes
- Various smart nanoparticles for various biomedical applications
- Silica-coated CdSe quantum dots as a diagnostic tool for imaging and early cancer detection
- Chitosan based silver nanoparticles, which induced apoptosis in human colon cancer cell at very low concentration
- Nanoparticle protein free surface active formulation to deliver drugs to remotest region of the lungs and can be given non-invasively as well intra-tracheally
- Electro spun nanofiber for packaging food, bio fertilizer and biocides
- Nano silver embedded Nano hydrogels as material for wound dressing, coating and water treatment applications.
- Extensive studies were also carried out to establish the critical relationship between Nano toxicology and nanoparticle size, composition and surface chemistry under in vivo and in vitro conditions for a number of multifunctional nanoparticles.
Protection of Intellectual Property Right
The division also encourages and facilitates protection of the useful knowledge generated through the IPR Division.