Biotech Parks & Incubators
Biotechnology has the potential to provide environment friendly products and processes in almost all areas of economy. The biotech industry included either service driven companies, or product driven companies. In India, biotechnology has created lot of employment especially in agriculture and allied sectors. India has initiated steps, to promote biotechnology industry by taking initiatives aimed at providing facilities for accelerated commercial development of Biotechnology. Some of the states have also announced specific biotech policies and have floated life sciences specific venture fund.
One of the means by which it was proposed to be achieved was through setting up the biotechnology parks, where facilities for technology incubation, technology demonstration and pilot plant studies are provided.
Biotechnology parks are established to facilitate product advancement and innovation through the development of biotechnology industrial cluster and to produce biotechnologists and entrepreneurs who have strong foundation in research and innovation.
With large number of multinational and bio-pharma companies initiating their R&D and manufacturing operations in India, the demand of biotech incubators has increased.
Both Central and State Governments are making their earnest efforts to promote biotechnology activities in the country by setting up biotechnology parks, incubators as well as pilot projects through public private partnership. DBT has supported the following biotechnology parks and incubation centres located in different states for the promotion of Biotech start-up companies and the promotion of Public Private Partnerships.
Following Biotech Park and Incubation Centres have been supported and are fully operational:
- Lucknow Biotechnology Park, Uttar Pradesh
- Biotechnology Incubation Centre, Genome Valley, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Biotechnology Core Instrumentation Facility (BTCIF) at TIDCO Centre for Life Sciences (TICEL), Chennai
- The Golden Jubilee Biotech Park for Women, Siruseri, Kanchipuram District, Tamilnadu
- Guwahati Technology Incubation Centre (GBPIC) at Biotech Park, Assam
- Bangalore Biotech Park, Karnataka
- KRIBS BioNest, Kochi, Kerala (previously called KINFRA Biotech Park)
- Punjab Biotechnology Incubator, Mohali, Punjab
|1||Guidelines of Biotech Park||View (204.79 KB)|