Lucknow Biotechnology Park, Uttar Pradesh
The Biotechnology Park, Lucknow, has been set up jointly by the Department of Biotechnology Govt. of India & Department of Science and Technology, Government of Uttar Pradesh. The Park is located in the City of ‘Nawabs’ and ‘Culture’ now transformed to a Biotechnology City, decorates Lucknow with a futuristic state of the art facility for biotechnology led enterprises.
- It is the only functional Biotechnology Park in North India, serving the State of Uttar Pradesh to bring biotechnology as the way of cultivating crops, living a healthy life and enriching the skills for boosting biotech industry.
- The park has changed the paradigm of transferring biotechnology advancements from laboratory to field and made humble contribution in initiating biotechnology related policy changes in the state.
- The Biotech Park is registered under the Indian Society Act 21 (1868) and ably run under the guidance of the Society, Governing Board, Advisory-cum-Managing Committee and other duly constituted committees. The project was sanctioned in 2003 for a period of 3 years with DBT contribution of Rs.12.06 Crores. The Park has Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) recognition and is registered under National Science & Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), New Delhi that accords approval for exemption of Service Tax to Park and its incubatees. The Incubator – I & II of Biotech Park are ISO 14001:2015 certified and offer state of the art facilities to startups for incubation and development of innovation led, high growth and knowledge based bio-business and infrastructure facilities for setting biotech industries.
- There are 18 common facilities and 27 instrumentation facilities. 27 incubatees graduated and 11 are presently housed from Bio-Pharma, Agri-biotech and health area (diagnostics, herbal cosmetics & nutraceutical).
- The Biotech Park facilities include NABL and AYUSH accredited analytical & quality assurance laboratory, molecular & microbiology laboratories; NCS-TCP certified plant tissue culture unit, biopesticides & biofertilizers units and GLP compliant solvent extraction pilot plant with downstream process facility.
- The park has attracted investment of more than Rs. 30 crores through its 36 incubatee companies and is a showcase of innovation industries and a model of active collaboration between industries, research institutes and academia.